Skip to main content

Chartres: a courtyard, with Chartres Cathedral visible in the background.

Object Details

sova.aag.gca_ref4810
GUID
https://n2t.net/ark:/65665/kb619e7807a-f106-4a01-a019-ccc35e9b7654
General
Historic plate caption: "Courtyard in Chartres."
Collection Creator
Garden Club of America
Place
France -- Chartres
France -- Centre -- Eure-et-Loir -- Chartres
Topic
Spring
Courtyards
Walls, stone
Stairs
Trees
Cathedrals
See more items in
The Garden Club of America collection
The Garden Club of America collection / Series 2: International Garden Images / France / FR003: Chartres -- Chartres
Sponsor
A project to describe images in this finding aid received Federal support from the Smithsonian Collections Care Initiative, administered by the National Collections Program.
Extent
1 Lantern slide (col., 3.25 x 4 in.)
Date
[between 1914 and 1949]
Archival Repository
Archives of American Gardens
Identifier
AAG.GCA, Item FR003001
Type
Archival materials
Lantern slides
Collection Citation
Smithsonian Institution, Archives of American Gardens, The Garden Club of America collection.
Collection Rights
Archives of American Gardens encourages the use of its archival materials for non-commercial, educational and personal use under the fair use provision of U.S. copyright law. Use or copyright restrictions may exist. It is incumbent upon the researcher to ascertain copyright status and assume responsibility for usage. All requests for duplication and use must be submitted in writing and approved by Archives of American Gardens. Please direct reference inquiries to the Archives of American Gardens: aag@si.edu.
Genre/Form
Lantern slides
Collection Restrictions
Access to original archival materials by appointment only. Researcher must submit request for appointment in writing. Certain items may be restricted and not available to researchers. Please direct reference inquiries to the Archives of American Gardens: aag@si.edu.
AAG.GCA_ref4810
Large EAD
AAG.GCA
AAG
Record ID
ebl-1643208220039-1643210188906-1
Chartres: a courtyard, with Chartres Cathedral visible in the background.: [between 1914 and 1949]
Back to Top