At the end of this lesson, students will be able to:
- Develop critical thinking skills as students consider which styles they like or dislike, differences and similarities.
- Learn units of measurement and conversions between measurement systems.
- Communicate ideas to others in writing, visually and verbally.
- Understand how careers and jobs are connected to learning/education.
Recommended Grades: 9-12
- English – writing
- Biology -biodiversity
- Environmental science
- Art – industrial arts, horticulture
In these lessons, students will:
- Think critically
National Education Standards
- Science: K-4.4 Earth and Space Science; NS.K-4.6 Science in Personal and Social Perspectives.
- Arts: NA-VA.K-4.1 Understanding and Applying Media, Techniques, and Processes; NA-VA.K-4.3 Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols, and Ideas; NA-VA.K-4.5 Reflecting Upon and Assessing the Characteristics and Merits of Their Work and the Work of Others; NA-VA.5-8.6 Making Connections Between Visual Arts and Other Disciplines
- Social Studies: NSS-C.5-8.5 Roles of the Citizen; NSS-G.K-12.2 Places and Regions; NSS-G.K-12.5 Environment and Society
- Mathematics: NM-MEA.3-5.1 Understand Measurable Attributes of Objects and the Units, Systems, and Processes of Measurement
- Language Arts: NL-ENG.K-12.4 Communication Skills; NL-ENG.K-12.11 Participating in Society; NL-ENG.K-12.12 Applying Language Skills