Weekly drop-in tours are offered in select gardens May through October and are subject to weather. Visit the garden tour calendar for additional tour information and weather-related cancelations. No tours are given on federal holidays.
Enid A. Haupt Garden
Wednesdays starting at 10 a.m.
May 16, 2019 through September 26, 2019
Meet at the tour sign near the south entrance to the Smithsonian Castle.
Mary Livingston Ripley Garden
Tuesdays starting at 2 p.m.
May 1, 2019 through October 30, 2019 – No tour July 30 or August 13
Meet at the fountain near the north entrance (Jefferson Drive SW) of the garden.
Native Landscape at the National Museum of the American Indian
Thursdays starting at 1 p.m.
June 7, 2019 through October 3, 2019
Meet at the flagpole outside the south entrance (Maryland Avenue SW) to the National Museum of the American Indian.
Common Ground: Our American Garden at the National Museum of American History
Thursdays starting at 10:30 a.m.
September 5, 2019 through September 26, 2019
Meet at the tour sign near the south entrance (Madison Drive NW) to the National Museum of American History.
Smithsonian Gardens offers a variety of group tours (8 people or more). Each tour lasts approximately one hour and is led by a horticulturist or volunteer docent. Available tours are subject to season and staff availability and dependent on weather for outdoor venues.
Tour requests must submitted at least three weeks in advance using the online form. Submitting a request does not guarantee a reservation. A member of our staff will contact you to discuss tour scheduling.
Available Group Tour Options
- Exhibits from the HABITAT Exhibit Series
- Enid A. Haupt Garden at the Smithsonian Castle
- Pollinator Garden at the National Museum of Natural History
- Mary Livingston Ripley Garden
- Common Ground: Our American Garden at the National Museum of American History
- Victory Garden at the National Museum of American History
- Native Landscape at the National Museum of the American Indian
- Landscape at the National Museum of Air and Space
- Urban Bird Habitat at the National Museum of Natural History
- Kathrine Dulin Folger Rose Garden
- Smithsonian Gardens Irrigation System and Weather Station
- Smithsonian Gardens Tree Collection